These are Internet resources that you can use to strengthen home
and school communication.
As you build and integrate your teaching resources
with the Internet, there are an increasing number of
programs and/or sites that will support posting of grades,
attendance, as well as communication tools between teachers,
students, and/or parents and the community. A few of
those resources include:
- Think Wave
- ThinkWave Educator is powerful and easy-to-use software that
helps teachers manage grades and lessons, and securely posts grades
on the Internet for students and parents.
Learning: Test Pilot
- Test Pilot turns a web server into a powerful online testing,
tutorial and survey engine.
- Free Drive
- This is your Internet hard drive with global access. The FreeDrive
TestDrive membership entitles you to 20 MB of free storage space,
plus more features.
- eBoard offers a FREE service that lets teachers quickly and
easily post messages, photos and files online for students and
- This is a free student email system for schools. Gaggle student
email accounts are similar to Hotmail. The difference is that
these accounts can be monitored and controlled by the school.
The messages are automatically monitored for inappropriate language
and the students can be restricted as to whom they can communicate
Courseware for Managing Online Learning
- Blackboard powers e-Learning and related commerce in the academic
marketplace of schools, colleges, universities, and many of the
top commercial e-Learning providers on the Internet today.
- Supports excellence in online teaching and learning with course
tool software, resources, and academic expertise.
- eCollege partners with colleges, universities, K-12 school districts
and corporate training organizations to design, build and support