Now that you have completed this course, you can test your searching
knowledge! If your email address has been entered in correctly,
I will send you your score.
Note: I am concerned about your privacy. I will
not sell your name to anyone and I promise to only use your information
for analyzing who is using this resource.
each are worth 5 points
1. How much of your
time should you spend on pre-planning your searching strategies?
2. How much of your time should you
spend searching on the Internet for your topic?
3. How much of your time should
you spend analyzing credibility, appropriateness and richness
4. This is a process that allows
concepts to be linked by phrases and can be used to develop
5. This is a two step process. After
choosing your topic, your class brainstorms all of the concepts
associated with that topic. The second step is to cluster
those ideas into categories and sub-categories.
6. Information included on these
search engines are inputted with spider programs and offer
less control over the kind of content found.
7. These are search engines that
focus on a particular niche in information.
8. There is an evaluation process
before sites are added to this search engine.
9. The most appropriate type of
search engines for elementary students to use are:
10. What kind of search engine is Blue Web'n?
11. What kind of search engine is
12. What kind of search engine is
13. This is how you can begin narrowing
14. Use this strategy to connect
your concepts together by requiring that both words appear
in the results.
15. Use this strategy to generate
results showing those web pages that show the exact phrasing
contained in your search query.
16. Use this strategy to discover
whether or not reputable websites are linking to this information.
This is one way to assess how credible is the information.
17. A tilda ~ in a URL means that
the content on this site:
18. To assess the credibility of
a resource, you should:
19. To assess how helpful are the
resources, you should:
20. I can immediately apply the
information I learned in this course within my classroom.
| home | workshops
| courses | libraries
| about |
Payton Educational Consulting Copyright 2004 © All rights reserved